Been a lot of chat about this in various spheres so I thought that by way of establishing wider wine world credentials I would record for posterity some of the non sherry triangle highlights of 2015.
Here would be the top 20 wines from outside the sherry region that I have notes of or can otherwise remember (there were several that slip through the net – in particular two Cotes du Rhone and a Raul Perez white wine that were extraordinary but I just cannot remember them).
Just impossible to choose the very best so not really in order but maybe slightly more impressed as the list goes on.
- Ceretto Barbaresco Bricco Asili 2008
- d’Arenberg Dead Arm 1998
- Rauzan-Segla Margaux 2000
- Casa Ferreirinha Reserva Especial 1990
- Chateau Rayas Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc 2007
- Luciano Sandrone Barolo Cannubi Boschis 2008
- Francois Chidaine Montlouis les Bournais Franc de Pied 2011
- Domaine de la Janasse CdP Cuvee Vielles Vignes 2005
- Guigal Cote Rotie Chateau d’Ampuis 2009
- Giuseppe Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi (San Lorenzo) / Ravera 2007
- Domaine Leflaive Chevalier Montrachet Grand Cru 1983
- Pichon-Longueville Baron 2000
- Domaine Michel Lafarge Volnay Clos des Chenes 2008
- Thierry Allemand Cornas Reynard 2009
- Vieux Chateau Certan 2009
- Leoville-Barton 2003
- Vega Sicilia Unico 1999
- Henri Abelé Millesime 1990
- Leoville-Poyferre 2000
- Chateau Lafleur Petrus 2010
Not bad quaffing that when you look at it!